Name of the organization: Voluntary Activities for Social and Human Advancement Foundation
Contraction Name: VASHA Foundation
- Registered under (Society Registration Act XXXI, 1860, Government of Peoples’ Republic of Bangladesh )the Registrar of Joint Stock Companies of Bangladesh. Registration # S-4679(800)/05. Date of Registration- 04/05/05.
- Registered under the Directorate of Youth Development, Ministry of Youth and Sport, Government of the Peoples’ Republic of Bangladesh, No. Chittagong-356.
- Affiliated and Certified by Bangladesh Microcredit Regulatory Authority(MRA), Certificate # 01304-00730-00665, date-07/10/2012.
Nature : It is a non-profitable, non-political, non-government, voluntary and charitable organization established for providing services irrespective of religion, cast and creed within and outside Bangladesh combating with and prioritizing the need of the time.
Philosophy : The basic philosophy of the organization is to bring back life in all its completeness facilitating a process for people’s self-reliance and to make rational use of all kinds of available resources for sustainable developments
Profile of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO):
Name: Parimal Kanti Paul.
Designation: General Secretary and CEO
Educational Qualification: B. Sc , M.Sc ( Mathematics), NU,
Permanent Address: Khuruskul, Paul Para, Cox’s Bazar
Present Address: House # 143, Sodar Ghat Road, Double Mooring,
Chittagong -4000, Bangladesh.
Contact Number: +88-0243151750(office), +88-01749074369(office),
b) Women Empowerment
c) Basic Healthcare and Education
d) Institution and Capacity Building
e) Human Rights
g) Food Security
h) Social Protection
j) Comprehensive Disaster Management
k) Infrastructure Development for Deprived people
l) Capacity Building
o) Poverty Alleviation
a) Promote community participation
b) Promote skill development
c) Promote public awareness
d) Integrate fundamental needs in development agenda.
e) Communicate government or non- government, local or International organization for the purpose of development.
1.To under take and run appropriate development programs and charitable activities in any from for the poor and under privileged community.
2. To establish educational institution such as school, college university, vocational and technical centers in order to promote education and literacy of the country.
3. To undertake programs on distributing relief materials among the poor and disaster-affected people.
4. To undertake formal and non-formal education programs for illiterate and semi-literate people and conduct various educational support activities.
5. To organize various training programs/courses/seminars and run technical vocational trades in order to enhance skills and human competencies.
6. To aware people about appropriate steps for their positive changes.
7. To establish community based library and reading rooms, enrich collection of books, magazines, and periodicals to promote reading practices among the general people.
8. To collect old and valuable manuscripts, folk songs and other cultural heritage and arrange for their publications.
9. To organize programs for demonstration of fine arts and sculptures through demonstration center, static and mobile museum.
10. To work for preservation engineering and philosophical invention or instrument and arts.
11. To endeavor a society for popularizing programs on literacy and culture.
12. To undertake programs to conduct education research on archeology and historical inventions.
13. To run programs for the poor communities in order to promote the quality of life.
14. To collect financial and technical contributions from home and abroad to run the activities of the society. In case of foreign donation existing Government rules and formalities will be observed as usual.
15. To establish Masjid, Mdrasha, Temple foe quality religious education and run suitable programs for the persons involved with these institutions.
a) To assist and support the poor communities to undertake income generating activities for poverty alleviation.
b) To undertake appropriate programs on child rights, women rights and human rights.
c) To open branches anywhere in Bangladesh or even outside of Bangladesh with the permission from the competent authority.
d) To open and run community based clinics/hospitals/diagnostic facilities for the poor communities.
e) To run programs for reducing arsenic and HIV/AIDS contamination.
f) To endeavor to establish facilities for orphans old women/men and physically, mentally and socially disabled people.
g) To initiate all kinds of IT and software development.
h) To establish and run educational institute.
i) To operate relief and rehabilitation programs during and after any natural disaster.
j) To conduct non-formal and formal education program and education support like stipend, scholarship etc.
k) To organize various training programs to enhance skill.
l) To establish community based libraries and promote reading habits among the people.
m) To run cultural programs and increase recreation facilities.
n) To operate vocational and technical set up for enhancing specific skills.
o) To run action programs for the development of agricultural technologies to increase agric production.
p) To collect donations/loans from home and abroad to fulfill its objectives.
q) To encourage end assist the poor communities to make their own capital for future financial security.
r) To associate with any network home and abroad to take up any project jointly.
s) To establish and operate industrial set up with respect to the permission of proper authority in order to create employment opportunity and for the purpose of income generation of the organization so that the objectives can be implemented helpfully.
t) To run action programs for the poor communities in order to change in their life style, financial condition or economic condition positively.
u) To run financing programs for positive changes in the life style of the beneficiaries with respect to the permission of proper authority.
v) To run related and reasonable income generating programs for the poor communities and/or beneficiaries and/or the society and that will help to implement the objectives of the organization.
Target groups :
a) Poor community
b) Physically and mentally disabled people
c) Garment’s worker and Daily laborers
d) Slam dweller
e) Child worker
f) Drag addicted
g) Illiterate people
h) Arsenic, HIV/AIDS and other incurable diseases Contaminated people.
i) Depraved men, women and children
j) Disaster affected people
l) Sex Worker
n) Unemployment Youth
Executive Director- 01
Project Director – 01
Accountant – 01
Field Supervisor (Training) – 01
Field supervisor (Microcredit)- 02
Field Officer- 09
Trainer – 02
Staff – 08
Volunteer/ Team Leader-79
A) Micro credit program
B) TSD ( Training for Skill Development) Program
Geographical Coverage: The organization has been working in Chattogram district since the initial period and will expand it’s activities over the whole Bangladesh afterwards
- To Build up a prosperous Bangladesh.
- To empowered the less fortunate people in socioeconomic up liftmen through people’s organization, training, human resources development,
- The organization priorities the people and their participation in the development process. It believes that people can bring change in their own condition with individual and collective efforts and changes must be made both in attitudes and belief and perception for sustainability.
Forthcoming Activities: As per the availability of funds and Capability
- Skill development of the disabled (mentally and Physically).
- Skill development of the garments worker.
- Skill and capacity buildings of the child worker
- Action program for the disaster affected people and area.
- Formal and Informal Education
- Action program on climate change
- Action program on food security
- Action program on social security
- Action program for social awareness
- Research program related to development goal
- Action Program on energy sector
- Program on Gender and rights issue
- Health program for the poor community
- Action program for the Hermaphrodite