Published: 07 Apr, 2020
VASHA foundation has performed activities of awareness in the present Corona Pandemic in its working area.
The field workers and volunteers of this Non Government organization has gone to the doors of its beneficiaries. They distributed 5000 awareness leaflets among the people. The activist explained the inhabitants how to save themselves from infection with Covid-19 Coronavirus. They performed this campaign on the 22nd, 23rd and 24th of March, 2020. The campaign was carried on at the area of Bondor, Firozshah, Kattoli, Colonelhat, Fouzdarhat, Kumira, Sitakundu. Khulshi, Kazirdewry, Pahartali, Citygate, Akbarshah and Halishahar in the greater Chattogram district.
A person can become infected with the virus 1 to 14 days before the onset of symptoms. The most common symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are fever, fatigue, and dry cough. Most people (about 80%) can recover without special treatment.
In very less cases, the disease can be serious or fatal. Older people and people with other diseases (such as asthma, diabetes, or heart disease) may be at risk of becoming more severely infected with coronavirus.
Affected people may have these problems:
*Shortness of breath (complex condition)
What to do to prevent:
1) Public gatherings should be avoided.
2) If you come from outside and come in contact with someone, you have to wash your hands with soap or sanitizer for 20 seconds.
3) You should not touch your eyes, face or take food without washing your hands.
4) The face should be covered while sneezing.
5) Avoid going out of the house unless very necessary.
6) Keep yourself mentally strong and exercise regularly.
7) Consult doctor if symptoms occur and stay in isolation if infection is confirmed.
8) Don’t be panic, be aware, be careful and come forward to help others as much as possible.